Neither Poverty Nor Riches

Give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me.

A Personal Recipe Archive

Monday, April 24, 2006

Lazy Girl Panini

Recipe Name: Lazy Girl Panini

Notes: This isn't so much a recipe as a list of ingredients that make for a good sandwich. So, if you're not sure what kind of sandwich you want for dinner, may I suggest a Lazy Girl Panini.

Servings: As many as you want

Ingredients:
  • Focaccia bread (I like rosemary herb)
  • Plain Chevre spreadable goat cheese
  • Roma tomato
  • Red Onion
  • Roasted red pepper (the canned kind that comes pre-roasted and diced and herbed)

Directions: Cut a piece of the foccacia bread small enough to fit in your George Foreman Grill. Then cut it open. Spread with chevre, add sliced tomato and onion, and finally red pepper to taste. Grill until you can see lines in the bread. The whole process takes about 5 minutes, which should leave you with enough energy to clean up your dishes, too.

1 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

Hey Jill. Thanks for putting that up! I also like to use ciabatta bread - it is less oily, but it compresses to a nice texture with a golden brown, but not greasy surface when you grill/press it. I also put a bit of pesto in mine.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home