Neither Poverty Nor Riches

Give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me.

A Personal Recipe Archive

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Sue's Brownies

Recipe Name: Sue's Brownies

Notes: Another one from my friend Ravi -- well, his mom anyway.

Ingredients:
  • 4 squares baker's chocolate (unsweetened)
  • 1 1/2 sticks butter
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup muscovado brown sugar
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
  • 4 eggs
  • dash salt
  • 1/8 cup flour
Directions:
Melt the chocolate and the butter together in a bowl in the microwave. Stir the eggs separately and then add to chocolate mixture. Add all other ingredients except the chocolate chips. Pour into greased 9" x 13" (or is it 9" x 12"? you know, the standard size) pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

2 Comments:

At 7:41 AM, Blogger ByerJewelry said...

could u make these using spleda white and brown sugar for diabetics?

 
At 4:44 AM, Blogger Moti Nowrangi said...

I followed the Moosewood recepie and did not peak at all for the whole 35 minutes. I must say that my first try was a total success. It's a pity that it only makes 6 of these delights. I ate 3 with blueberry jam. One can get easily fooled with their gigantic size. But, they are hollow and literally melt in your mouth! Absolutely, a joy to eat. I added a pinch of cinnamon for flavor and they were smelling heavenly as they neared baking completion.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home